Airtel is one of the leading internet service providers in Africa and operates with huge customer base in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, South-Africa, Malawi etc. If you are one the people who use Airtel to access the internet, bellow are some of the challenges you may have had:
- Problem sharing data on Airtel: Most people who use Airtel for internet have a problem on how to share data on Airtel; one may think this should not be a problem, but when you think of the fact that more than 10% of the people who use Airtel to access the internet are always searching for ways t share their data with their loved ones, then you’ll know how serious the problem is.
Solution to the problem: You can now share one data plan with family and friends across phones, tabs and laptops. smartSHARE is designed to allow you share data in two ways:
Me 2 U – Sharing from an already purchased bundle. “giving out” or “sharing” from an already purchased data bundle from an “owner customer” to other customers. In this case, the given out bundle will reside in the other customer’s wallet. Only one customer can be Me2U’d at a time.
Gifting: Buying a data bundle plan from the “owner customer” to another customer; data bundles in this category includes all the bundles listed on Airtel’s list of bundle plans and Android bundles. Easy with the new SmartSHARE Service, just dial *141# to start!
- Problem subscribing to Airtel Night Plan: A lot of Airtel internet subscribers also want to benefit from the cheap night plan offered by Airtel but find that difficult to do; again more than 10% of those who use Airtel for Internet are always looking for ways to use Airtel Night Plan but can’t figure it out.
Solution: Airtel has a plan called SmartTrybe, they defines the SmartTrybe as an exclusive offer to their subscribers. This means you have to migrate to the Trybe before you access the exclusive offers. Dial *312# then select 1 to“ migrate” to the SmartTrybe!. What you get: N50 @ 1.5GB to N25 @ 500MB. N50 @ 1.5GB to N200 @ 1.5GB
- Problem checking their Airtel data balance: When you subscribe to a data plan, you should be able to know what you have left and when it will expire, a lot of people using this service are having problem with Airtel data balance check even though it’s very easy to check
Solution: If you want to check your Airtel data balance, simply dial *140#, you’ll see both the data left on your device and the expiry date through SMS.
- Problem finding the right plan; Another major problem people face is how to find the right airtel data pack for them, we all know there are different Airtel data offer, but you need to know all of them so that you can choose the appropriate one for yourself because there might be a cheaper one than the one you already know, it’s always good to use your money judiciously.
|N50||20MB||1 Day||*141*50#||Low cost data plans designed for all your internet needs.|
|N1,000||1.5GB||30 Days||*141*1000#||*Night Data is usable 1AM – 7AM Daily|
|30 Days||*141*1500#||*Night Data is usable 1AM – 7AM Daily|
(4.5GB + *1GB Night)
|30 Days||*141*2500#||*Night Data is usable 1AM – 7AM Daily|
(5.5GB + *1GB Night)
|30 Days||*141*3000#||*Night Data is usable 1AM – 7AM Daily|
(7.5GB + *2GB Night)
|30 Days||*141*4000#||*Night Data is usable 1AM – 7AM Daily.|
- Problem encountered trying to use free data: Don’t be surprised some people especially students are always trying to use Airtel data for free, well, since they are Airtel subscribers and there is actually free data from Airtel to be used, then, they should be successful if they know there ways. Though, some have complained of not been able to use Airtel free data but we have a solution here.
Solution: Want to use Airtel data for free? below is all the free data legitimately available to be used for FREE on Airtel:
Free Surf: Airtel gives you 160MB Free every month just for being a subscriber on the Airtel Network, the free 160MB is valid for 30 days.
How to subscribe to Airtel Free Megabyte: Dial *400# (Please take note that the browsing rate starts from 1kobo per KB. Billing starts from N1/MB and up to 20Kobo/MB.)
Airtel Free 1GB Weekend Data: This Airtel 1GB data weekend plan only works only during weekend (Saturdays and Sundays). While on Saturday, it starts from 12am to Sunday 11:59 minutes. How to subscribe to Airtel FREE 1GB weekend data: Dial *475# twice to activate 1GB data for free, activating this plan should not disturb your already subscribed data bundle. (TRY IT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU)