Give it a Title?
Summer is now in full swing, bringing with it sweltering heat (at least here in Florida) and the beginning of the busiest real estate season of the year. If you are like many home sellers, you are hoping for a quick sale so that you can move into your new home before the start of the school year. Of course, you want to sell quickâ€”but not at the expense of receiving fair value for your home.
So how can you sell your home rapidly without dropping your asking price? That is where home staging comes in. At MHM Professional Staging, we have helped hundreds of homeowners accomplish exactly this goal. Contact us today if you would like to learn more!
In the meantime, below are seven staging tips to help your home look its best this summer:
1.Â Keep your windows open. You want your home to feel bright, cheerful, and airyâ€”and thereâ€™s nothing like the summer sunshine to give your home that feel. (Note â€“ as weâ€™ll discuss in a moment, itâ€™s also important that your home is kept at a comfortable temperature. It may be wise to open your windows only for a few hours when itâ€™s cool in the morning before closing them. But be sure to keep your curtains and drapes open so that you still get the bright summer sunlight!)
2. Keep your yard clean, organized, and well maintained. If you have kids, chances are that they spend time playing outsideâ€”and being kids, chances are that they leave their toys lying around. Make a special effort to keep your yard neat and organized. In addition, grass tends to grow rapidly during the summerâ€”make sure you keep it well-trimmed.
3. Use light-colored dÃ©cor, such as throw pillows and table cloths, to give your home that bright, airy, â€œsummertimeâ€ flavor.
4. Keep your home temperature pleasant. If itâ€™s hot outside, use your air conditioner! Here in Florida, most of us use our A/C every day. Ensure that your home is at a comfortable temperature. If itâ€™s too hot or too cold, potential buyers will be in a hurry to leaveâ€”and that is never a good thing.
5. Feature flowers throughout your home. Nothing screams summer like brightly colored fresh flowers. Sunflowers work particularly well. Consider placing flowers on your kitchen table, in bathrooms, and elsewhere in the home.
6. Repaint, if necessary. It is important that your home feel â€œneutralâ€ with regards to color. Bright, bold colors are more likely to alienate potential buyers than they are to make them â€œfall in loveâ€ with the home. Neutral colors allow prospective buyers to imagine the home as they would decorate itâ€”and thatâ€™s the goal we are hoping to accomplish.
7. Declutter. It is always important that you keep your home organized and clutter-free when you are trying to sell itâ€”but this can be much more difficult to accomplish during the summer, when kids are home from school. If keeping the home clean 24/7 is too much to accomplish, at the very least make sure that it is thoroughly cleaned and de-cluttered before a showing.
Properly staging your home is proven to make a differenceâ€”to both increase the sales price and speed up the process. If you are in a hurry to sell your home this summer but donâ€™t want to take less money than it is worth, please get in contact with us today!