It is a very common term and I am sure that everyone must be knowing that what it stands for. In simple words, marketing is advertising or promoting a product or a brand. It is basically a strategy to attract the customers and increase the profit. Marketing is something through which you can create really strong relationships with your customers. Marketing plays the biggest role in increasing the profits of a company.
Earlier, what used to happen is that employs were hired and they were asked to go door to door, explain about the product and sell it and obviously, it was a very hard approach. Also, newspapers are also used as a medium for marketing a product. As the time passed, televisions came into the scenario and marketing through advertisements or digitally started.
With the advancement of technology, many digital sources other than television came up in the competition giving rise to the concept of digital marketing. Let us understand that what actually digital marketing is.
Digital marketing can be defined as marketing a product or a brand digitally, mainly on the internet or on the mobile phones display or through advertisements, by any means that is digital. Since, the concept of digital marketing has been introduced; all the traditional marketing methods have been replaced by digital marketing. The companies have changed their branding ways since this technology has come into place. People do not have much time to visit the physical shops so the use of digital devices has been increased. There are various digital marketing strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing, social media optimization, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e-books etc. The digital marketing also provides some offline marketing strategies such as SMS, MMS and on-hold mobile ring phones etc. You can see that digital marketing has taken the game of marketing to another level.
The strategy named as search engine optimization or SEO is showing up some new trends. It is taking the digital marketing to an up level. Let’s have a brief about search engine optimization.
So, what is search engine optimization or SEO? The abstract SEO is very common to hear in the world of digital marketing but for a common man it is somewhat hard to understand. So, let’s make it a bit simple for all of us. Search engine optimization is basically a process that improves the online appearance of a website or a webpage in a web search engine’s unpaid results. In simple words, if a website appears more in the recently searched list, the more visitors are going to visit the website from the search engine users and the visitors can also become the customers. Search engine optimization hits upon various search types like image search, video search, news search etc.
HOW SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION CAN BOOST DIGITAL MARKETING?
There are various Search engine optimization trends that are going to influence digital marketing. Let’s have a look upon them.
- Voice Search: The services like voice search that has increased the usage of virtual assistants like Siri, Alexa and Google assistant shows recommendations based on the organic search results. Basically, the top ranked search result is recommended and it is more accurate if the conversational phrase is matched exactly.
- Engagement into videos: The users are much involved in videos because of faster internet speeds and smart phones etc. The trend in user’s behaviour will be recognized by the search engines and will help the companies so that they can make an appealing effect to the users.
- Cutting out fake news: The fake news spread would be filtered out. The search engines will allow only the well written content supported by some credible sources so that the errors could be prevented in future.
- Social media marketing: Social media searches have always been a big number because people are very much involved in social media like face-book, YouTube, etc that increases a company’s profits.
- Influencer marketing: Influencer marketing is also at the peak nowadays. This is also a way to make links to the customers.
- Quality is appreciated:Quantity is not admired much if the quality of the content is rich. The short content can also get a higher rank if the quality is high.
- Eye opening campaigns:Leaving the traditional marketing campaigns, today it is all about arranging campaigns for awareness through social media and blogging etc. Your customers are going to associate your business and products with the message you choose to portray.
You should adopt the SEO trends so that your company’s marketing strategies helps in making big profits. You can go for Digital Marketing Agency India that focuses on result-based marketing and helps in develop your brand to a leading one.