1920s Inspired Accessories for Women
Image credit: Photo used under Creative Commons from ky_olsen.
1920s Flapper Girls
Photo used under Creative Commons from uppityrib.
Flapper Handbags – 1920s inspired vintage handbags
Wig and Hair Accessories – Flapper Wigs
- Flapper wig black – it has a lot of hair and you need to style it a bit to get a decent flapper look.
- Flapper wig brown – the actual wig color is darker than shown in picture. Soft hair and it could pass for real hair.
- Flapper wig blonde – very curly wig. Might be a bit too big for those with smaller heads. Great quality and looks great but the synthetic hair might look too ‘plasticky’.
Facts About Wigs
- The term ‘wig’ comes from old English word – periwig.
- Wigs have been used for thousands of years. Romans and Greeks wore wigs for style whereas Egyptians wore wigs to cover their shaven head.
- Most wigs are made from synthetic fibre or horse hair. There are also wigs made from human hair.
- Human hair wigs need to have special care like using shampoo and conditioner to preserve the hair. However human hair wigs are more versatile because they can be colored, cut or permed.
- About 98% of human hair wigs are made of Asians hair with the best hair comes from India or Pakistan.
Flapper Hair Accessories
- Very affordable (less than $2)!. However please expect delay in shipping because the item is shipped from Hong Kong.
- Chic 1920s inspired headband.
- Black rose and fluffy feather headband.
Flapper Bracelets and Earrings
Facts About Bracelets
- The word Bracelet is thought to have originated from the Greek word “brachile” meaning “of the arm”.
- Bracelets have existed for almost 7000 years. People of the ancient times made bracelets from metals, wood, beads, shells and precious stones.
- People in some Latin American countries think of bracelets called Azabache as a shield for babies against demons.
- Egyptian bracelets are traced back up to 5000 years BC in time. In fact charm bracelets were probably originated from Egypt to protect wearers from evil spirits. Ancient Egyptian bracelets, called Scarab, is often found buried with mummies.
Flapper Necklaces – Fake pearls, tassel necklaces
- Delicate fringe necklace. It looks nice with low-cut dresses.
- Includes a pair of earrings.
- Perfect for dress up. Almost look like real pearls except for the plastic clasp.
It has been said that if a woman can only have a piece of jewelry, it must be a pearl necklace. A pearl necklace is a symbol of classic sophistication and timeless elegance. Think of Audrey Hepburn or Jacqueline Kennedy. A pearl necklace is quite versatile. You can wear it with a casual day wear or a formal evening dress.
The price of a pearl necklace is depending on the quality of the pearls. Freshwater pearls or cultured pearls are more cheaper than saltwater pearls. The sheen and the roundness of the pearls also affect the quality and the price.
Check out this pearl necklace from HinsonGayle Fine Pearl Jewelry. It is on discount now! Save 87% if you purchase it today.
1920s Inspired Pumps
Flapper Black Boa
More Costume Related Pages Here!
The Great Gatsby Costumes
One of the most anticipated movies this year is The Great Gatsby and I can foresee that flapper costumes and fashion will make a comeback this year. The stra…
Brave Princess Merida Costume and Accessories
Disney Pixar animated movie, Brave, is finally out in theaters. I love Princess Merida because of her curly hair and she is not your typical princess. There …
Batman Dark Knight Rises Costume
Batman Dark Knight Rises Costume… Batman costume for the latest Batman movie is not much different from the previous movie, The Dark Knight. Hence it is n…
The Croods Costumes
The Croods movie will be released in theaters this week and I can foresee that this animation movie is going to be big this year. One of the many merchandise…
Evil Queen Ravenna Accessories
This lens is my second lens about evil Queen Ravenna costume. In this Evil Queen Ravenna Accessories lens, I am showcasing some of Queen Ravenna’s accessorie…
Finding Nemo Halloween Costume
Remember Nemo? The cute orange clownfish that was a big hit in 2003 is back! No, Disney didn’t come up with a sequel but this time around Finding Nemo is in…
Evil Queen Ravenna Costume
If you are looking for evil Queen Ravenna costume, good news for you! The costume is available for sale on Amazon! So what kind of costume do we have? From …
Epic 2013 Costumes
Epic is another animated movie that will be released this year. This movie is reported to be based on children’s book – The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs …
Batman Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Costume
The Dark Knight Rises movie is finally out in theaters. If you love catwoman then I think you’ll love this movie because Anne Hathaway is playing the role of…
Oz the Great and Powerful Costumes
Oz and the Great and Powerful is one of the most anticipated movies this year. I can foresee that Oz the Great and Powerful costumes will be selling like hot…
Kristen Stewart’s Snow White Costume
What do you think about the latest Snow White movie, Snow White and the Huntsman? Have you seen it? I watched this movie on DVD and initially I was a bit ske…