So you want to learn how to make some totally awesome salsa?
Only totally awesome salsa is one of my favorite party foods, but I am the first to admit that it can be expensive to keep buying salsa at the store. That’s why I love making my own totally awesome salsa recipe!
How To Make The Best Salsa Recipe
In my quest for the BEST totally awesome salsa recipe I’ve found that using fresh ingredients is the way to make it totally awesome. I used to think it didn’t make much of a difference, but after pitching out all my previous salsa recipes and starting fresh this year I’ve definitely learned how to make the best salsa. Fresh vegetables taste better and you can really taste when you use canned tomatoes verses fresh.
Everyone should have a great salsa recipe in their collection and this is definitely mine.
It’s important to choose a food that will match your personality and the type of food you eat on a daily basis. So for me, it’s important that it has the perfect amount of salt and no added flavors that distract me from enjoying it.
If you’re using store-bought tomatoes you can use sugar, but if you’re growing them yourself or get them from a farmers market then the sugar isn’t necessary as they are better quality and sweeter.
Awesome Homemade Salsa Recipe Ingredients
- Roma Tomatoes
- Canned Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro
- Red Onion
- Green Onion
- Chili powder & Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
Make the best salsa Recipe
Making Salsa At Home using this Easy Method:
- Chop your vegetables, no need to get precise.
- Add your spices and lime with the chopped veggies in a food processor.
- Pulse in bursts until it’s finely chopped but not smooth.
Don’t fret, there are other ways to prepare salsa with no food processor
- You can easily do this in a blender as well!
- Or you can simple finely chop those vegetables yourself with a knife, and stir everything together when finished.
The Best Tomatoes for Your Recipe
Personally I choose fresh tomatoes & canned tomatoes. When it comes to canned tomatoes my favorite are fire roasted, but ones with green chili or even plain work great too.
- Use fresh ingredients from your garden when possible.
- You definitely want texture in your salsa, so don’t over do it with the blender.
- Try making the salsa the day before you need it, some time spent chilling in the fridge really brings the flavors out!