So, you’ve heard about the health benefits of juicing and you can’t wait to give it a try…now where do you start? With a juicer, of course! On this page, I give my top 3 picks for the best juicers for beginners.
I have narrowed down the following 3 juicers based on my own juicing experience as well as hundreds of comments and reviews posted on My 5 Favorite Juicer Recipes.
I have also categorized the juicers by price. I know some beginners prefer to start with a lower priced machine until they know they will love juicing, while others will only want a higher quality machine that will be a good investment and last many years.
Check out my choices for best juicers for beginners here, but also do your own research. I suggest exploring juicers on Amazon and reading their reviews. Then choose the best one you can afford and that suits your juicing needs!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions at the bottom of the page. I’ll do my best to help. Good luck and best health in your juicing journey!
This juicer is a great starter machine for those who want to give juicing a try but aren’t ready to commit for life. Or for those who want the option of juicing every now and then but won’t be using it on a daily basis.
Pros – Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor
1. At less than $60, this machine is affordable for most…no big investment before committing to juicing.
2. The wide mouth means less preparation since you won’t have to cut up many of your produce items…you can just juice them whole.
3. This machine is simple to assemble and easy to clean. Quick Tip: Use a toothbrush to clean the filter after use, the bristles get into all those tiny holes and clean out the residue.
Cons – Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor
1. This is not a quiet juicer…you wouldn’t want to use it when a child is sleeping in your house.
2. You will have more waste with this juicer than you will have with a more expensive machine; the pulp is wet, so you’re not getting as much juice out of your produce. Quick Tip: The slower you push the produce through, the more juice you’ll get out of it!
3. This machine may not last as long as more expensive models. If you can’t afford to spend more, get this one now, but start saving for a higher quality machine.
I actually think this Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus is the perfect juicer for beginners. At around $150 at Amazon, it is still a very affordable choice and a good investment. Breville makes high quality machines…the JE98XL is
As a novice juicer, you may not be ready to commit yet, but after using this juice extractor, you just might decide to make juicing a daily habit!
Pros – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
1. This juicer is easy to use. It has one switch that can be set on low for soft produce (like peeled oranges and berries) and high for harder choices (like carrots and apples).
2. You don’t have to push down on the fruits and vegetables, the juicer just eats them right up. And it’s pretty quiet, too!
3. This machine juices greens better than the lower priced options. Quick Tip: Watch the video below to see a tip from Joe Cross about how to juice greens.
Bonus: This is a good-looking machine…it will look gorgeous sitting out on your counter! When your friends ask about it, you can get them hooked on juicing, too!
Cons – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
1. This is a centrifugal juice extractor which is not as efficient as a masticating juicer. If you’re not concerned about squeezing every last drop of juice out of your produce, then this fact may not matter. The pulp from this juicer will still be moist, although not as bad as the cheaper brands.
2. Some reviewers on Amazon said that the pulp gets stuck at the top of the disposal basket and can clog. I’ve noticed the sticking, but not the clogging…it’s never been a problem for me, but it’s worth noting.
3. Cleaning is a pain, but that goes for most juicers. Quick Tip: Clean any juicer you choose as soon as you’re done juicing while the pulp is still wet…it’s much easier than if you wait until it dries on!
This is a dual stage masticating juicer, which means it presses and grinds the produce in 2 consecutive steps so that every last drop of juice is extracted. The result is a very dry pulp and no froth rising to the top of your glass. I had the privilege of using this juicer while staying with a friend and it was outstanding!
This Omega juicer is great for beginners because it makes juicing easy and fun…it even has a self-cleaning feature! It’s easier to focus on the variety of juices you can create when you don’t have to think so much about the logistics of juicing. If you can afford a juicer in this price range, I highly recommend it!
Pros – Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Low Speed Juicer
1. If you’ve used a centrifugal juicer in the past, you will be so surprised how much further your produce goes with a masticating juicer! Although this juicer sells for around $380 on Amazon, you will soon make up the extra in decreased produce costs.
2. Did I mention it is self-cleaning? Enough said!
3. To put it simply, this machine makes a delicious juice! It has a built-in froth reducer and it also juices greens and wheatgrass with incredible efficiency.
Cons – Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Low Speed Juicer
The only con I can come up with on this one is the cost. You may not have the budget to go with this model. If not, don’t worry; you’ll still have a great juicing experience with the cheaper models. But if you have the means to splurge, I highly recommend this Omega juicer. It’s the next one I will be buying!
Good and Bad Cholesterol Cholesterol, which is often referred as main culprit for many of…
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.