Most people view life as a process—a line progressing from the starting point to an eventual end. But that’s not the way it works. In fact, AS BJ PALMER CLEARLY TAUGHT ALL life, AND ALL SYSTEMS ARE COMPOSED OF PERFECTLY DESIGNED COORDINATED CYCLES… and so is building your practice. Think about IT for a moment—ALL plant life is fertilized by organisms that have gone before. Construction of a great new office building is usually preceded by tearing down an out-dated building. But despite the fact that “deconstruction” is an essential part of THE LIFE CYCLE AND THE BUSINESS CYCLE, many of us dread it. We are resistant to change, even when it is obviously needed. However, when we recognize that deconstruction is just as important as reconstruction, our perspective changes and we WILL become willing to take steps that are sometimes painful—but ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR THOSE GREAT rewards in the future.
Here are five steps to take when it comes to deconstructing and reconstructing elements of your practice to become more successful than ever before:
1) Find and acknowledge the problem. This is where most people fail. WE ARE BLIND and/or we fear change. Often we are willing to bury our heads in the sand and deny that a problem exists in the first place. DON’T DO THAT! Adopt an “everything is on the table” mindset when it comes to improving your practice. Don’t be afraid to take on challenges. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO….BUT….IF YOU GIVE UP ON YOUR FUTURE…YOUR FUTURE WILL GIVE UP ON YOU!
2) Create a plan of improvement. Once you’ve identified the problem, the next step is to tear it down,right? Wrong! It doesn’t do you any good to remove a failing system if you don’t have anything to replace it with. Before you start the process of deconstruction, FIND AND create a plan of improvement!REMEMBER ONLY A PROVEN SUPERIOR PLAN WILL SUCCEED. ONLY A PLAN THAT WORKS AT A HIGHER LEVEL OF FUNCTION AND RESULTS WILL PRODUCE THOSE HIGHER RESULTS. YOU CANT MOVE UP THE LADDER TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH THE SAME LEVEL OF THINKING THAT HAS KEPT YOU AT YOUR CURRENT LEVEL!
3) Deconstruct current systems. Once you have a TRULY SUPERIOR plan (AND YOU MAY NEED HELP WITH THAT), it’s time to get to work. It’s important that this process doesn’t harm your patients, your staff, or yourself—PROCEED CAREFULLY. WHATEVER THE PROJECT OR JOB THAT NEEDS DOING, TRY TO PLAN OUT EVERY STEP, CONTINGENCY, AND ANTICIPATE THE ISSUES THAT MAY COME. DON’T JUST MAKE A MESS AND GET FRUSTRATED. AND , ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU FINISH WHAT YOU START!
4) Construct new systems. Out with the old, in with the new! But as you are implementing new systems,take care that you don’t repeat mistakes you’ve made in the past. This starts with a BETTER HIGHER LEVEL plan to be sure. But it is also important that you set goals and assign responsibility for each element of your new system. The greatest vision in the world doesn’t mean anything if you can’t followup on it and ensure that it is implemented properly. EVEN WITH TODAYS SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY, THE NEED FOR SIMPLE PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION, EXECUTION ARE STILL YOUR MOST EFFECTIVE SIMPLE STEPS TO GETTING IT DONE!
5) Continuously evaluate your results. The cycle begins again. Regularly evaluate every element of your practice, even your “new” systems, to ensure performance. Remember—don’t be afraid of change, and don’t refuse to acknowledge a problem. If there’s something wrong with an element of your practice, it won’t go away on its own. You have to TAKE ACTION!
Deconstruction and renewal ARE a part of THE UNIVERSAL CYCLE OF life. And it’s part of running a successful practice. EMBRACE THAT TRUTH AND THE FUTURE WILL ARRIVE WITH EASE. NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO…….GO FOR IT………..IF YOU NEED HELP, A BETTER PLAN, OR SOMEONE WHO IS ALREADY BEEN DOING IT AT THAT BIGGER LEVEL THEN TAKE THAT NEXT STEP TO CALL ME RIGHT NOW…..DON’T WAIT……..SEE IF WE CAN’T HELP YOU GO TO YOUR NEXT LEVEL AND FULFILL YOUR DESTINY AND ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS…..Please get in touch with me today!
Views All Time