Double Paned Windows
Being environmentally friendly is so important nowadays, and that is why some suggest that double-paned windows are necessary in energy saving, being cost efficient and are actually able to add value to a persons home.
However, have you investigated just how energy efficient they truly are? What you will find out is very helpful!
Glass and Mirrors for your
Home or Business.
Visit http://yourglassneeds.com for more information
The Pros And Cons Of Double Paned Windows
According to the department of energy, around 25% of energy loss is through the windows in the home, which means heating and cooling is more expensive. However, there are many ways to combat this, the most popular being installing double-paned windows and other window technology.
The Pros of Double-Paned Windows
– Double-paned windows do just benefit your wallet, but helps lower your environmental footprint, meaning greenhouse gas emissions are lowered, and also the use of fossil fuel.
– If you live in a busy area which has noise pollution then double-paned windows can help lower outside noise, leaving your home quiet and with no disruptions from outside.
– Double-paned windows helps lower energy usage by 24% in the winter and around 18% in the cooler months which helps you save money, according to Steve Poitz who specializes in energy efficient windows and is a member of the Canadian Window Standards Subcommittee.
– Other cost reducing methods can also be implemented on your windows to help save money and lower the loss of energy. Depending on what you prefer to use, savings can amount to around 30%-50% according to Bill Barr who is a veteran of the industry.
The Cons of Double-Paned Windows
It must be stated that there are not many downsides when considering double-paned windows, however there are a few points that you must pay close attention to.
– If you do choose to replace old windows with new energy efficient doubled-paned windows you have to ensure that you upgrade all of the windows in the house, and not only a few. If you only replace one window with a double-paned one, you will not be able to reap the true energy saving benefits.
– Quality is the key. Ensuring that the quality of the double-paned windows is fundamental in that you will not face problems later. Ill-fitted windows can cause many problems such as leaking when it rains, condensation between the glass and even make you lose more energy. Quality is so important to ensure that you will have long-lasting, energy saving windows.
These windows will truly benefit the environment and be cost effective, ensuring that your home does not lose energy unnecessarily.
Views All Time